Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disc utility show me macintosh hd full

Hi guys I don't understand something disc utility show me two lines about my hd machintosh drive the first show me that i have 115kb free on a total of 1,12tb, the second line that i have 884,79 gb of free space on 1,11tb total is that normal? actually my hard drive is not full...thanksUser uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), intel with fusion drive

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 9:02 AM

It's normal with a fusion drive.

4 replies

Oct 30, 2013 7:22 AM in response to kristian600

Your first screenshot shows Macintosh HD 'Logical Volume Group' (Gruppo volume logico) which is actually not a single drive, but a group of two combined, so that most of OS X sees it as one large, somewhat faster, drive.

The software/hardware that controls it, allocates most all of the space on both drives, and so Disk Utility reflects that.

The second screenshot is a logical partition (something that things can actually write to), and Disk Utility shows that there is space available.

Perhaps it's a bit like Apple reserving all the rooms in 2 hotels & allocating them as they like; so when you ask the hotel manager (the volume group) - all are taken.

Go to Apple reservations (logical partition), & they'll say there's plenty of space & put you (your data) somewhere suitable in one or both hotels.

disc utility show me macintosh hd full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.