Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone wants me to restore with new update????why

My iphone says it needed to update, and of course, it won't get passed the screen that tells me to plug it into itunes. Then when I do plug it in, it says I need to restore my iphone. Didn't it do that last update? Why, I DO NOT want to restore my iphone and delete everything. No Thanks, where is that button? How do I get passed this screen and so I actually use my iphone? It says it is running in recovery mode, what is that? How come NOTHING is easy with an iphone?

Thanks, I would really appreciate some help, if anyone else has had this problem...

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 8:26 AM

6 replies

Oct 28, 2013 8:33 AM in response to HELP iphone

HELP iphone wrote:

My iphone says it needed to update, and of course, it won't get passed the screen that tells me to plug it into itunes. Then when I do plug it in, it says I need to restore my iphone. Didn't it do that last update? Why, I DO NOT want to restore my iphone and delete everything. No Thanks, where is that button? How do I get passed this screen and so I actually use my iphone? It says it is running in recovery mode, what is that? How come NOTHING is easy with an iphone?

Thanks, I would really appreciate some help, if anyone else has had this problem...

Just use recovery mode, and then restore from your last backup. All your data will be safe. You will only lose the data that was added since your last backup, whcihc shouldn't be too much.

Iphone wants me to restore with new update????why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.