Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is initial caps gone from Pages 5?

I just spoke with a senior Apple tech: he told me, "Mail Merge and Initial Caps are gone." He said he was told by the developers that "if enough people want those features back, they may do so."

Am I the only one that thinks this is crazy?

Come on, Apple. You can do better than this. We are talking about basic functionality here.

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 8:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 8:19 AM

Initial caps are gone among a lot of other things. See Pages 5.0 as a simpler Pages for iCloud communication. Do the real work on the Pages 09 instead You still have it on the computer in Applications > iWork

11 replies

Oct 28, 2013 8:48 AM in response to fruhulda

I understand what you are saying. And I love simplicity. However, not at the expense of basic functionality.

I assumed when I downloaded Pages 5 that it was going to be a fully functioning Word Processor app. Therefore, I deleted pages '09.

I happen to be one of the lucky ones who had iWork 09 on disc. So I can install it again—which I should not have to do.

It's absurd that we should have to use two apps instead of one to accomplish a single task. I stopped using Microsoft and I also purchased Apple stock because of their user-friendly apps.

Jan 19, 2014 1:49 PM in response to kzen9

That is such a broad question.

What are you doing in your business?

The major requirement for any business however is that you do not lose access to your documents or have them damaged.

The answer to that question is without a shadow of a doubt: DO NOT USE APPLE FORMATS*.

Not only are they proprietary, but Apple has on multiple occassions trashed not just formats but the files that use them. WITHOUT NOTICE or APOLOGY.

Also all the new iCloud compatible file formats are bloated, fail to transfer via 3rd party servers and are in such a convoluted compressed package that to extract anything from them in an emergency is impossible.

Apple has virtually no sense, or even consideration, of continuity or awareness of their customers' needs.

Apple is extremely self centred and it is very difficult to get it to think of anyone else except as some abstract theoretical consumer who only exists in that fabled land outside Cupertino, where no-one actually goes, except on short vacations.

Peter

* I have been preaching this for years, last October has demonstrated why I might have been onto something.

Why is initial caps gone from Pages 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.