Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

midi foot controller

Hello!

I'm a singer and guitar player.

I'm contacting you cause I'm getting crazy in doing researches in order to find a reliable midi foot controller (mainly for stage) which is easy to set up using Mainstage 3. I'm using a Macbook Pro Osx 10.8.5 and an RME Babyface audio interface where I connect my guitar and microphone. I've been looking at the Softstep By Keith McMillen and at the Roland FC 300 but in all forum and video tutorial I found there isn't any clear explanation how these foot midi controller work properly and many people describe how much they struggle to get right to control and some of them encountered a lots of problems.

I had a look as well at the Apogee Gio but it seems that it has its own interface and I wonder if I could bypass the Apogee Gio interface and make it working with my RME Babyface audio interface?

Hope you can recommend a midi foot controller which is reliable and easy to use within Mainstage or Logic Pro X.

Best Regards.

Fran

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 10:07 AM

1 reply

Oct 30, 2013 9:07 AM in response to Lowofat

I am using Mainstage with the Behringer FCB1010 with the UNO firmware eprom. I use it since years and never had any reliability issues whatsoever. It is the cheapest option, but it really is built like a tank and it is relaible. Some complain about the pedals appearing less solid than on other units, but I never had any problems with them.

The setup with mainstage is as easy as with any other midi controller and the configurations it offers are very complex, especially with the UNO firmware. I think it all comes down to the question of how many knobs and expression pedals you need for your specific purposes, and then pick the unit that's right for you.

If you can't find infos on forums and video tuts, why don't you just download the manuals?? There should be in-depth explanations.

midi foot controller

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.