Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replicable Formatting Bug

Can others confirm this bug in Pages 5.0?

1) Start typing in plain text. Then, without any text selected, switch to bold or italic (either through the toolbar or the key commands). Type some more.

2) HIt return

3) You should now be at the start of a new line with Bold or Italic selected. If you continue to type, the text will be formatted accordiingly.

4) Try to turn bold or italic off (with either the key commands or the tool buttons).

For me, it is IMPOSSIBLE at the start of a new line (after a paragraph return when I was previously typing formatted text) to turn italic or bold off. The only work around is to always turn off formatting before hitting return, or, after hitting return, typing som foramtted text, then selecting it, and then turning formatting off.

Seems like the sort of bug that would show up on a beta word processor, and it's really annoying. Can others confirm?

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 10:39 AM

6 replies

Jan 12, 2014 11:13 AM in response to fronesis

i get the same problem, if i am logged into iCloud, and i use Pages (from the browser) to send a file to my iPad, the file gets auto zipped, i am not doing anything but clicking "send copy" once i do that i wil get an option to waht format i want, pages, word, pdf. i choose pages, once i do that, i get a file that has the .pages.zip file ext on it, and it wil not open correctly on my iPad.

sid note, one iCloud account works fine, i am able to send documents this way no problem, my second iCloud account adds the zip ext file every time??

Jan 12, 2014 5:18 PM in response to fronesis

I have a similar issue. It is impossible for me to TURN ON bold or italic at the start of a line. This is extremely irritating as I am trying to write up a Chemistry report with multiple section. The solution is to type a letter, do Command B, type another letter, and then delete the first letter. It's ridiculous, how do you release a version without testing the bold command?

Replicable Formatting Bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.