Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork upgrade may drive me to Office. Ugh

No side ruler, no ability to link within a document using bookmarks (I haven't seen how to do that.) I used this features and more importantly, I relied on them. I have documents with about 30 to 40 chapters, being able to jump around from section to section quickly was one of the things I liked most about Pages.

When I opened my first Pages document, a novel, it had screwed up the Table of Contents so royally, there was no hope of saving it. Thank goodness Timeline gave me a pre-upgrade copy, and I am back in business. I tried to learn how to use it, but it seems like a much lesser product than it was. It used to be sophisticated formatting made to look simple. Now it's just simple, as in dumb.

I found a way to open Pages into a previous iteration. Hopefully that will keep working, but if I lose that ability I am sunk. I will have to use Office.

Thanks, Apple, for nothing.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 12:14 PM

Tell apple directly http://www.apple.com/feedback/pages.html

If you found your Pages09 in the Application folder > iWork use that. It will work for quite a while.

2 replies

iWork upgrade may drive me to Office. Ugh

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.