Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.0.3 same song but in multiple genres?

The only way I listen to music is by Genre. In the past, I've always opened the Music App, then clicked on genre, and gone from there. No issues.

I have major issues with the new iOS and cannot for the life of me figure it out.

Let's say I have a track called "Megamix - Call Out Riddim". This track in particular, I have made the genre in iTunes as "Dancehall".

Here's where things fall apart; when I use the Genres in the new iOS7 music app, not only does it display genres with those horrible pictures that I can't set for myself (honestly - reggae... a palm tree? C'mon...).... But the same track noted above, shows up in both Dancehall genre and Reggae genre.

When I search for just the "reggae" genre using the "workaround", all the dancehall tracks show up (pulling down and using the search bar).

When I search for "dancehall" then all of the dancehall tracks show up.

I have triple checked iTunes about a zillion times as NOTHING has changed on my computer... all of this very same music which I spent HOURS OCD'ing over all of the ID3 tags, works FINE on my iPhone 4 iOS6 (which is now an mp3 player only) and fails on my iPhone 5s.

I don't know what to do, honestl How are songs showing up in mulitiple genres???

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 12:15 PM

3 replies

Oct 28, 2013 1:47 PM in response to vicks.99

For anyone reading this; I highly recommend downloading an app called Lagu.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/lagu-formerly-music+/id462782680?mt=8

Lagu seems to know what I've put as my ID3 tags and doesn't try to THINK IT KNOWS WHAT IS GOOD FOR ME. You can see from the reviews that it only makes sense to ditch Apple's crap and download this app.

I honestly don't care if you even FIX this Apple; your new grade school Music app is useless to me.

With the Steve Jobs no longer at the help, this company thinks stepping backwards is a cool, hip way to move forward.

I'll see you next phone lifecycle, 'droid.

Mar 13, 2014 2:04 AM in response to fLaPjAk

Was hoping this was fixed in 7.1... Nope! Still broken! I have songs that are showing up in both hip hop and rap, yet in Lagu, the same song is in its respective genre. I've even seen some songs show up in electronic and classical when clearly it's not classical music. Fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu music app - Lagu all the way!!!

iOS 7.0.3 same song but in multiple genres?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.