Skip navigation

Sync Aperture 3.5 library

376 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2013 8:52 PM by azartguy RSS
azartguy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 28, 2013 12:08 PM

I am back using Aperture now that the update to 3.5 has solved a nagging problem of occasionally not recogniging PSD files. However...

The update created a new Library and most of my files are in the previous version Library. I know I can switch back and forth in File>Library>Other, but can I merge the two so all the files are in the same place?

Brian

Aperture 3, OS X Mavericks (10.9)
  • léonie Level 8 Level 8 (46,380 points)
    Oct 28, 2013 1:26 PM (in response to azartguy)
    The update created a new Library

That is unusual. The update should have opened your previous Aperture library just fine. Is your previous Aperture library on an external volume? And is that volume not formatted for mac?

However, you should be able to import your previous Aperture library into your current Aperture library or vice versa.

See the manual page:  Working with Library Files (the paragraph on  Merging Libraries)

• Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7 (22,760 points)
    Oct 28, 2013 5:42 PM (in response to azartguy)

To import one library into another you use the command File->Import->Library…

So in your case you would open one of the libraries and then use the above command to import the other library.

Screen Shot 2013-10-28 at 20.41.43 .png

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.