Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Configurator iOS 7 BIG PROBLEMS

As far as I can tell, any iOS 7 update, that was performed over air, will break Supervision. AC 1.4 would see a device, but would not perform any task, except to update the iOS. It would fail at Check In/Check Out and App install or update/refresh. The AC 1.4.1 update, seemed to resolve this Supervision piece, thus allowing the iOS device to update, install new app's, and check itself in/check out, however, not before completely wiping all user documents and data, and then re-supervising itself... I oversee about 500 iPads, 200 of which are locked into this nightmare. Has anyone else experienced this "bug"? If so, how are you moving forward?

I have worked closely with enterprise support, but the issues are coming at us faster than any resolution can be suggested. Deleting data for 200 students, mid term isn't an acceptable "fix" guys. A proper working application, and workflow is what is needed here!

I had heard that VPP was changing their T&C's regarding code management, thus suggesting that other MDM's may be able to supervise and retain ownership of VPP codes. Is anyone else aware of this??

Apple Configurator is truly turning out to be a poor choice for our growing program...

iOS 7.0.3, Several Systems running AC 1.4.1

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 12:42 PM

There are no replies.

Apple Configurator iOS 7 BIG PROBLEMS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.