Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 5: Spacing between bullets (not line spacing)

How can I control the spacing between bullets?

1. I clearly see how to control the spacing around a bullet relevant to its text. That's not what I'm referring to.

2. I clearly see how to set line spacing. That's not what I'm referring to.

What I'd like to do is keep a line spacing of 1.0 on the text, but add padding between list items (between bulleted content). The method in Pages '09 was to add buffer space "after the paragraph" (or before). However, in Pages 5.0 this option does not exist. Some of my bullets have enough content that wraps, which is why line spacing is not an acceptable solution.

How can I control spacing between bulleted list items, such that each chunk of content is better separated?

Thank you!

Pages 5.0-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 1:10 PM

Silly me. I have located it, by expanding the Spacing menu. The control I'm looking for is right there.

I've included a screencap, in case anyone else misses the obvious like I have. Thanks for looking!

User uploaded file

8 replies

May 7, 2015 12:22 AM in response to apple-owner

I think I'm missing something, because this isn't working for me.

The after-alinea space I set, is also used between the list items. So if I set it to 12p, I have large space between my list items. It seems each list item is treated like a new paragraph. I tried using shift + enter to separate the lines, but then it isn't recognized as the next list item.

What do I do wrong?

May 7, 2015 9:03 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your response. I didn't write "after line", I wrote "after alinea" which is badly translated dutch. An alinea is a paragraph. :-)

Good to know it's supposed to be this way, although in my opinion it isn't logic at all. A bulleted or numbered list is in my view ONE paragraph. When I set space after a paragraph, I don't use extra blank lines (in a "normal paragraph"). For lists, I have to do this. I don't think it's proper formatting this way. But it's not a big trouble either ;-).

Pages 5: Spacing between bullets (not line spacing)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.