Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Caching Server 2 be configured for multiple public IPs?

I am running Mavericks and installed the OSX Server 3.0 this past weekend. I have two internet accounts in play, one unlimited and one metered, each with their own router. Some of the clients use the metered service, but most use the unlimited service. The server is connected to both (ethernet -> metered 192.168.1.x, wireless -> unlimited 192.68.0.x).

The Software Update caching works fine across both networks, but it appears that the iOS/Mac Appe Store caching only works for one, the wired adapter.

Ideally, I would like it to work on both networks but the documentation makes it sound like it can only do one. If there is no way to get it working on both adapters, how do I direct the service to bind only to the wireless adapter?

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 1:13 PM

2 replies

Nov 26, 2013 8:50 PM in response to JustLarry

I have the same question, but with slightly different circumstances. We have four separate ISP connections that are load-balanced. As the connection to Apple will occur in any one of the connections at different times and will be different for different clients it seems that there is a strong (75%) probability that Mac and iOS clients will get their updates from Apple instead of the local caching server.

Can Caching Server 2 be configured for multiple public IPs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.