Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just upgraded iTunes to v11.1.2 and now my iPhone 4 iOS 6 does not sync calendars.

I just updated my iTunes on my Mac Air which has sync'ed fine with my iPhone 4 for months. Now the calendars do not match. Appears that something broke with this new version and I'd like to go back to the older version of iTunes.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3, iTunes just updated and now sync br

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 1:21 PM

6 replies

Oct 29, 2013 2:15 PM in response to Clyde77

I did not upgrade the Mac - still running 10.8.3.

I tried to clean up one side by deselecting sync of calendars and deleted the calendars from the iphone. "power cycled" the phone just to try to ensure nothing left in the phone, then reslecect sync and sync'ed.

Same issue. The items on my Mac calendar do not match what is on my iphone.

What's really weird is that the calendar names don't match the calendar app. I can go to itunes and see the calendar names, go to ical and change one, and sometimes it changes in itune, sometimes it doesn't. Now I'm stuck with calendar names on itunes that don't exist in ical

Dec 18, 2013 9:05 AM in response to ibuguser

I just discovered the same issue today in my efforts to get alert times synced on my iCal and iPhone after noticing a difference yesterday. I have been using the iCloud calendar sync since iCloud first came out with zero problems. Today I discover how terrible this sync is. My wife and I use a macbook, imac, 2 phones and 2 ipads to enter in calendar information and we depend on a flawless sync for our work and family schedules.

First, the iCal on my iMac has default times that get applied to every singe item, even if that item had an alert beforehand. But this default alert time is not applied as an alert on my iPhone4 calendar just the imac. I haven't even looked at my macbook yet for fear of what i may discover. After changing alerts and unchanging them and activating default times and deactivating them and wasting time doing this i just need to go through every event on my iphone to make sure that is now correct since I use that the most. What an unbelievable hassle for a program that worked flawlessly beforehand. Apple needs to recify this and have the sync work like it did before.

I am running:

Mavericks 10.9.1

iTunes 11.1.3

iCal Version 7.0 (1835.1)

iPhone4 on 7.0.4 (11B554a)

I just upgraded iTunes to v11.1.2 and now my iPhone 4 iOS 6 does not sync calendars.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.