Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is my ipod touch 4th gen compatible with my Fusion MS-IP600?

I have purchased a Fusion MS-IP600 marine stereo for my boat. It is a made for ipod product and I would desire to use my 4th generation ipod touch in it. The Fusion user manual lists compatible ipods in two different sections and the lists are not identical. The ipod is located into the Fusion unit using a combination of plastic "sleeves". My question is:- Is my ipod compatible and if so, what is the combination of sleeves required to properly install it?

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 4:37 PM

8 replies

Oct 29, 2013 6:03 AM in response to Andy 61

What does the manufacturer say? Have you went to their support site? Only the manufacturer knows. I have not seen your accessory discussed here before.

Regarding the sleeve, I do not know what you are talking about, Apple make a universal dock that uses adopter to adopt the different iPods to the dock since the cases are different. Here are the adopters for the 4G iPod touch

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC650ZM/A/ipod-universal-dock-adapter-3-pack-f or-ipod-touch-4th-generation?fnode=72&fs=f%3Dipodtouch%26fh%3D3608%252B2e74

Oct 29, 2013 3:08 PM in response to lllaass

Thank you for your response Illaass but this site/forum is for learning and passing on information. You need to be aware that "Made for ipod" on a product indicates some Apple input into the product development. The manufacturer refers users to Apple for confirmation of compatibility. I am unable to ring Apple and ask the question, however, where I so able, I doubt I would easily speak to someone who knew what I was talking about. Hence my question here. I suggest internet search of "Fusion MS-IP600G" would show the unit and possibly clarify some aspects of the question. Thanks.

Oct 29, 2013 3:48 PM in response to Andy 61

The manual

http://passthrough.fw-notify.net/download/022630/http://www.rocktheboatmarine.co m/specs/MS-600.pdf

for the device says:

iPod TOP SLEEVE BOTTOM SLEEVE

classic, 5th Gen (30gb) A A

classic, 5th Gen (60/80gb) A B

classic, 6th Gen (80gb) B A

classic, 6th Gen (160gb) B B

classic, 7th Gen B A

touch, 1st Gen, 2nd Gen D D

nano, 2nd Gen C C

nano, 3rd Gen, + Adapter A A

nano, 4th Gen E E

Other F F

Note: To check your iPod model, go to www.apple.com/support

and enter the serial number found on the back of the iPod

Thus, if you`reset the boat system and did the following:

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

That would indicate it is not compatible with either the 4G iPod or iOS 6. Sometimes an iOS update breaks compatibility and there is nothing you can do.

Oct 30, 2013 1:54 AM in response to Andy 61

Thanks Illaass, the MS-600.pdf relates to the installation manual which came with the unit. If you look at the Note after the line "Other F F" you will see why I posted this question here. I was hoping for a response along the lines "fit 2mm thick foam strips to the top of sleeve G and the bottom of sleeve A and this will secure a 4th gen ipod touch in the unit." I think I am inclined to agree with you that this is a non-starter and I will return the unit to the shop. Thanks for your input, Illaass.

Oct 30, 2013 7:01 AM in response to Andy 61

For anyone who has the same problem, I have now found the answer.

From the (American) Fusion website, under Tech Support, there is a question "What Fusion iPod/iPhone sleeve combination do I need for my Apple iPod/iPhone?" The answer is given in chart form (for ipod touch 4th gen it is Top D and Bottom D sleeves) for a number of Apple products.

It would be useful if a clever person could copy the chart to this question - I tried but was unable to.

Is my ipod touch 4th gen compatible with my Fusion MS-IP600?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.