Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i want to play a dvd i burned using imovie and idvd on a windows computer

i want to play a dvd i burned using i movie on a windows computer. when i put it in the computer though, it says there is only one picture (of the menu) on the disc. what is my problem? what do i do?

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 4:47 PM

3 replies

Oct 29, 2013 4:11 AM in response to millerg245

Hi

A. This can be many things.

B. Can You play Commercial Movie DVDs on this Window-PC ?

C. Things that matters when burning a Video-DVD on a Mac

• Program that can do this is needed - as iDVD, Roxio Toast™, Burn etc

• Brand of DVD used - as Many are to cheap and POOR to be used to do this. Memorex, NoName etc are known problem brands. I only use Verbatim

• type of DVD used :

DVD +/- RW is a NO NO - use to never work for Video-DVDs.

DVD+R - are a more modern standard - but don't work on older DVD-players

DVD-R - older - but is my choice as I don't know what will play it

• BURN SPEED - Best is NEVER BEST ! - I never use more than x2 or x4 max

• To burn OK - Space is needed on the Boot / Start-Up / Macintosh HD - I never let this go less than 25Gb !

• Video-Codec, Photo file format and Audio file format USED - IS essential - try to find out what You use - as iDVD tries even if they don't work - and results in useless DVDs

SAVE as a DiskImage - prior to burning - to test play and see that all is OK - If so - use Disk Util tool to burn the actual DVD from the .img file and You don't need to re-calculate and can set speed in a more obvious way.

( else You can set this in iDVD / Preferences / Advance - bottom part of this window - Burn Speed )

Yours Bengt W

i want to play a dvd i burned using imovie and idvd on a windows computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.