Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

revert from Mavericks to Mountain Lion?

Regrettabily, I have installed Mavericks and then found out from Apple tech support that it doesn't allow USB syncronization with my iPhone or iPad; only through iCloud. I have never syncronized my contacts with any cloud service and don't want to. So, I'm stuck with an OS that doesn't allow integration of my devices locally. Does anyone know how I can revert back to Mountain Lion? I can't believe Apple has done this to its users. I use iCloud for other things, but this should be MY choice, not Apple's. At least not without them first warning their users before installing. I'm very disappointed and have told all my acquaintances to avoid Mavericks. If anyone has a solution, I would appreciate assistance.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 5:27 PM

5 replies

Oct 31, 2013 1:33 PM in response to SDB_Oly

I have an iPhone 4S running iOS 7.0.3 and Mavericks 10.9. on my Mac Pro. I have no trouble at all syncing between the two using the iPhone's USB cord and iTunes. I'm surprised that Apple would tell you otherwise. i don't have an iPad and that may be the problem, but I don't know it.

However, I'm in the process of reverting from Mavericks back to Mountain Lion due to the many malfunctions in my work flow that are caused by Mavericks. I usually don't migrate to the next great OS until it reaches at lease the 10.9.3 stage, but this time I suckered and I'm paying for it. I'm not an enthusiastic beta tester and I've learned my lesson.

Nov 7, 2013 6:00 AM in response to JoBo

You may want to doublecheck to see if its actually updating I tried to sync via usb but it doesnt update the calendar or contacts. Its syning something, just not those, *****. As a matter of fact, I was able to see my calendar entries when i installed mavericks then mysteriously they all dissapeared and all I was left with was the birthday and holiday calendars. This is BS. Apple, that choice is the USERS.

Nov 7, 2013 1:37 PM in response to Hedrush1

In my experience, syncing from the iPhone to the Mountain Lion or Mavericks does update the Calendar dates and times. It does so regardless of whether you make the initial entry on the Mac or the iPhone. However, I was surprised to learn that there is no Save function in Calendar. The Save function is contained in File=>Export=>Calendar Archive=>Save. The archive file resides in the Applications folder right after the Calendar.app. Make sure you have Calendar as the active application. If you don't, the Export will show as Export Bookmarks instead of just Export. I have no idea why this feature exists the way it does and why it is not more widely publicized.

revert from Mavericks to Mountain Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.