Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't launch pages '09

I updated to new Pages in Maverick. And now it won't let me open anything that is "too old?"!!!!!! It says reopen in Pages'09 but I get a message "can't launch pages '09." THAT'S a serious problem. What's going on?

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 5:12 PM

14 replies

Nov 2, 2013 9:17 PM in response to Swartacus

Hi Swartacus:

I was able to get it to work. In the past when documents had to be saved in the newer version it would happen more automatically, as it's probably still supposed to be; but for some reason it says "can't open Pages '09."

I got it to save the older documents in the newer version so they would open up, but I had to manually go in and open up Pages '09. And then go back and open up the old documents and when I saved it did actually then save in the new pages and open up properly. This is surely an unindended glitch. Hopefully this works for you as it did me.

Nov 18, 2013 8:40 AM in response to Swartacus

It looks like you have Pages 08 documents otherwise you wouldn't get the error meesage that the document is to old. Pages 5 can't open Pages 08 documents.

Do install iWork 08 and also do the update http://support.apple.com/kb/DL808 for Pages to version 3.0.3.

but it will not open Pages 09 documents.

If you go to the Applications > iWork 09 folder asn click on Pages 09 will it still not open? Which version is it?

Nov 18, 2013 1:42 PM in response to fruhulda

Yes, I got those two error messages also. What I meant by opening Pages 9 manually was that I went into my application folder and clicked on the icon for Pages09 to open the application. And then I was able to open the older file in it's originating Pages09 application and then when I saved it it said it would have to be saved in the latest Pages version and I just clicked okay. And that seemed to fix the problem too. I think since then when I have opened up an older Pages documents they opened and then I was warned by message that I'd have to save it in the newer pages when closing it.

Dec 13, 2013 7:42 AM in response to UKnowIamRight

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick/viewtopic.php?t=432&mforum=iworktips ntrick

If you purchased Pages '09 from the App Store it is up to Apple to make sure you have access to your purchase.

Contact Apple Care and make your case.

You shoyuld also back up all your purchases along with serial numbers and order details to a passport hard drive or similar.

Peter

can't launch pages '09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.