Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why would only one of my Mail account stop working?

I have a MacBook Pro running 10.6.8 and I use Mail 6.4. I have several e-mail addresses all ending n the domain that I own. For no reason today, one of the accounts will not download. Mail does not indicate tat there is anay problem. When I go into my domain, new messages are there, but they are not downloaded. The account is working on my iPad and iPhone so the problem must lie with Mail. I have changed absolutely no settings. I do not want to get rid of the account and start oveer since I will lose all the messages form the account that I have in my folders. Does anyone have any idea what could be happening and what I can do about it? Thanks.

Sass

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 5:19 PM

5 replies

Oct 28, 2013 6:04 PM in response to Sass

There's ways to save your current eMails if you want to go that way, other than that...

Open System Preferences>Accounts, unlock the lock, click on the little plus icon, make a new admin account, log out & into the new account.

Does it work in the new account if you setup mail for just that one?

Oct 29, 2013 10:08 AM in response to Sass

I found the problem!!! A misbehaving rule was moving all the messages that were tagged with that address into a folder that was set up for only one of the senders. Eventhough I told the rule to assign the sender to the folder it decided to sort all the mail from the account to it!!!

Thanks for the help - knowing how to test things with a 2nd administrators account will probably come inhandy again sometime!

Now to go tame that rule!

Sass

Why would only one of my Mail account stop working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.