Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LinkedIn Contacts Not Syncing To iPhone

I enabled the LinkedIn option under Internet Accounts. All my LinkedIn contacts are showing up in my Mac Contacts app but they aren't showing up on my iPhone or iPad. How do I get the contacts to sync?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 5:12 PM

6 replies

Jul 12, 2014 7:58 AM in response to 1957Goldtop

i have the same issue. The iCloud.com app is a lame application that does have the same functionality of the iPad and iPhone. So, when you link a contact on your iPhone, for example, the iCloud sync loses the contact linkage information. Apple needs to fix the iCloud application so it does not lose information. Ridiculous and poor design.

Jan 21, 2016 8:50 AM in response to 1957Goldtop

I have a similar situation.

Here's the full post:

I have a Macbook Air, iPad, and iPhone. I sync my contacts across devices using iCloud.

I linked my LinkedIn account to my MacBook Air, and I have the LinkedIn app on both my iPad and iPhone. I have two separate problems with this syncing.

First, my LinkedIn contacts show up in my Contacts app on my Macbook, but they don't show up on my iPhone or iPad.

Second, when I attempt to edit a LinkedIn contact in the Contacts app on my Macbook, the contact doesn't update. Instead, a new contact is created with just the new information. So, if for example, I try to add a business email address for a LinkedIn contact in the Contacts app, then I get a new contact with only that email address in it.

I've tried three things to fix this, but nothing worked.

1. I've tried logging out of iCloud on my iPhone and iPad and restarting both devices.

2. I've also tried disconnecting my LinkedIn account on my Macbook.

3. I also tried making the update on LinkedIn itself, instead of in the Contacts app, but that also doesn't update the contact in the Contacts app on my Macbook or add it to the iPad or iPhone.

Is anyone else having these two problems and does anyone have another idea to try?

Device specifics:

Macbook Air running El Capitan 10.11.1

iPhone 6S Plus running iOS 9.2

iPad 2 running iOS 9.2

I went to the Apple store and had a "genius" bar support person help me sort things out about six months ago, but then everything stopped working again. I don't know if this was related to the iOS update to 9.1 (note that I've since updated both devices to iOS 9.2) or whether the problem is caused within the LinkedIn app.

During my most recent visit to the apple store, I noticed that my "older" LinkedIn contacts, i.e., contacts that were added and updated back when everything was working correctly, show up as having two "cards" in my Contacts app on the Macbook Air. They have both a "LinkedIn" card and an iCloud card, but newer contacts, i.e., since it stopped working, only have one card. That card is either LinkedIn or iCloud, but never both.

I can't find anything on LinkedIn about this issue, and the Apple store people are denying that it's an Apple issue. They claim something changed in the LinkedIn app, but they clearly don't know anything about LinkedIn.

Not sure whether this will help you, but I'm hopeful the two cards description will prompt a new avenue of investigation.

LinkedIn Contacts Not Syncing To iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.