Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to accept or decline invitation

After upgrading to OS X Mavericks, I receive several invitations from MS Outlook users. These are coming via email as an attachement. When I click on the attachemnt I see the event posting in iCal however I am unable to accept or decline the event. There is a question mark appearing, but when I try to select there is no effect (I'm assuming this is where one is suppose to select a response - based on the on-line help).

Faulty installation? Feature not working

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2017 8:14 AM

I have contact card set as me but I am still not getting the option to accept or decline invitations. Any other ideas out there?

7 replies

Oct 29, 2013 1:01 PM in response to rmfarkas

I had this trouble -- until I made sure that in my Contacts -- under the "Me" person -- I had every email address as used by whomever -- set in my personal contact. Seems like if the address they use isn't associated with yourself, you can't reply (because it doesn't think its you of course).

By "Me" of course, I don't me an entry named "Me" but rather the entry for yourself that has a shadow of a face next to it and when you see/edit it -- in the photo area has a little "me" . 🙂

Oct 29, 2013 1:25 PM in response to Blues Guy

I had two seperate contacts for myself and the "me" version had a personal email address associated with it - not my business email address that was being used for invitations. Changed "me" to the other contact and viola I now have many invitations I can respond to.

Thanks so much!! Would never have associated the two as cause and affect.

Nov 29, 2015 12:25 PM in response to rmfarkas

I also had this problem -- but I don't have a "Me" contact because my contacts are hosted on a remote/shared Contacts account. The solution for me was similar but slightly different.

Open the contact that has your information, including your email address

Go to the Card menu in the top menu-bar of Contacts

Select "Make This My Card" from the options

That instantly enabled the ability to respond to invitations within Calendar (also a remotely hosted account on the same OSX Server as the Contacts account) across all the devices that use those accounts.

unable to accept or decline invitation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.