Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air or Macbook pro for high school student?

I am a High School student that currently has a Windows 8 laptop, but I want something that will last a long time and will be reliable. I wasnt sure which would best suit my purpose for doing powerpoint presentations, word documents etc. I want something that will be portable and have a good battery life that doesnt have to be really long, but long enough to go a few hours without charge. The screen doesnt have to be super big, because I can get a moniter to set up on my desk. And anoher question does Apple give the student discounts to high school/college students just at the beggining of the school year and how do the discounts work? Any students out there that have a Mac tell me what you like and dont like about the Air/Macbook. THANKS!!

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 6:46 PM

trevor232 wrote:

I am a High School student that currently has a Windows 8 laptop, but I want something that will last a long time and will be reliable.

Both a Mac or a PC can be reliable. I have a 6 year old PC laptop.

trevor232 wrote:

I wasnt sure which would best suit my purpose for doing powerpoint presentations, word documents etc. I want something that will be portable and have a good battery life that doesnt have to be really long, but long enough to go a few hours without charge.

either one fits this criteria.

trevor232 wrote:

And anoher question does Apple give the student discounts to high school/college students just at the beggining of the school year and how do the discounts work?

All year round. I went into the Apple store and showed them my college ID and got the discount on the spot.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2013 6:46 PM in response to trevor232

trevor232 wrote:

I am a High School student that currently has a Windows 8 laptop, but I want something that will last a long time and will be reliable.

Both a Mac or a PC can be reliable. I have a 6 year old PC laptop.

trevor232 wrote:

I wasnt sure which would best suit my purpose for doing powerpoint presentations, word documents etc. I want something that will be portable and have a good battery life that doesnt have to be really long, but long enough to go a few hours without charge.

either one fits this criteria.

trevor232 wrote:

And anoher question does Apple give the student discounts to high school/college students just at the beggining of the school year and how do the discounts work?

All year round. I went into the Apple store and showed them my college ID and got the discount on the spot.

Macbook air or Macbook pro for high school student?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.