Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help: wifi signal dropping completely

I connect online with my Mac mini via wifi. About two weeks ago the pages in Safari wouldn't load, with the load bar filling only partially, this after browsing maybe 10-15 minutes. I would disconnect the wifi then connect again, and everything would be okay, for about another 10-15 minutes.

I thought it could be two things, my ISP or my wifi. I did speed tests, though while sometimes slower than what I am paying for, not slow enough to not load webpages. So I got an application to monitor my wifi connection, as well as all available signals to see if there was any interference, and sure enough for whatever reason my Mac mini would just competely stop picking up any signal at all. That includes other signals in my area.

Again, if I disconnect then connect again, it will start picking up signals again. Not a big deal, just kind of annoying.

Any ideas what might be causing this? And more importantly, anything I can do to maintain the connection without it dropping off?

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 6:45 PM

1 reply

Oct 29, 2013 5:56 AM in response to VimCedar

Okay so, same thing is happening with my iPod Touch, so the problem is either with my ISP or the wifi signal.

I can monitor the wifi, and am getting a signal strength pretty consistently at 70% with noise that fluctuates anywhere from under 10% all the way up to 50%. Thing is, I'm noticing that when pages won't load there isn't always an indication that it's the wifi signal, unless there is something interfering that I'm not seeing.

😐

Probably just going to have to call my ISP and see if they can help.

Help: wifi signal dropping completely

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.