Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I "share' an iMovie project to iDVD with Maverick?

How do I now prepare a movie for sharing with the Maverick update to iMovie? I used to go to "Share-media brower" and then the movie would prepare/finalize. Then I would drag it into my new iDVD project. Now, I cannot figure out how to prepare it for iDVD. Do I share it with iTunes? Everyone is saying this iMovie update works fine with iDVD, but the process for sharing it is no longer obvious (at least to me).

Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 8:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 2:45 AM

I haven't tried it yet, but try sharing your project to File, then drag that into iDVD.

6 replies

Mar 16, 2014 4:34 PM in response to Alan Cook2

I'm not able to save a file in iMovie. I've read your posts and these are the steps I'm taking:

Click All Projects under Libraries on the left > Highlight the project > Share > File > Select Large (my movie is 45.5 min. long, est. 2.43 GB at the large size) > Next > Select Desktop as location to Save > Save > a "Preparing Media for Share" box comes up and when that disappears in a few seconds nothing else happens. The file does not show up on the Desktop.

Any suggestions?

How do I "share' an iMovie project to iDVD with Maverick?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.