Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to permanently erase data from iPhone without restoring?

Hello, I need to permanently wipe data (text messages, contacts, photos, videos) off iPhone 4s, because I have a new iPhone 5c, and I want to sell my old iPhone 4s, but there are many Privacy Information stored in my iPhone 4s, even though I deleted them, but I tried some data recovery program, I was totally surprised to learn that it can be able to restore my deleted text messages, contacts, photos from my iPhone 4s, I'm very worried about, if sell my iPhone to others, they may recover my personal data. So, I want to know if there any ways that can permanently deleted, erase everything from iPhone 4s without restoring, please help! recommend some method or some iPhone erase software!

I need to compeletly wipe text messages, contacts, photos off iPhone 4s, please help!!!

iPhone 5c

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 11:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 11:35 PM

See here first...

What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

More Info...

See Erase your device Here > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4137

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase all content and settings

23 replies

Oct 29, 2013 12:03 AM in response to Hamnlly111

I found the hard way that just because you wiped your iPhone's data doesn't mean that everything linking you to the phone has been removed. There are some apps that may still be linked based on your phone's unique hardware ID. I sold an old iPhone to a friend of mine and completely wiped my data using the method above, however, he informed me that my account was still linked as he was seeing all of the Pandora channels I had created. He said that the same was true for several other apps as well, to permanently erase iPhone data, you have to choose some professional iPhone data erase software.

Mar 28, 2014 8:36 AM in response to Hamnlly111

Hamnlly111 - Have you have any luck in finding something to do this? I'm just starting my search for something like this as well. I know there are forensic tools out there to recover information from phones and would hate for someone with those tools and knowledge to end up with my phone and decide to see how much they can find on the previous owner and their contacts.

May 22, 2015 5:25 AM in response to Hamnlly111

Hi Hamnlly111. Maybe AndMusic' method can not permanently erase data from iPhone. I know you wonder that some iPhone data recovery programs can restore the deleted data even you have erased the private data.

As I know, there are some iPhone data eraser software can probably erase data permanently, which can erase the iPhone data permanently without restoring by other data recovery software, nothing can be recoverable.

You can get more details at this tutorial:

<Link Edited by Host>

May 22, 2015 5:27 AM in response to Hamnlly111

Before iOS 7 I NEVER searched internet for "how to do ... on iPhone ?". Now it's my third time when I cannot find a function to delete all messages on iPhone, that should be and was obvious in previous versions of iOS. To Erase iPhone Contacts, SMS and Photo Permanently,you must to use a iPhone data eraser software.

This use guide about how to deleted iPhone contacts, message:

<Link Edited by Host>

May 22, 2015 6:12 AM in response to Hamnlly111

Any professional recovery tool can retrieve those encrypted data easily. So, there is any effective way to permanently erase some unwanted data from your iPhone. The most secure way is using professional third-party software like , which is a reliable and effective tool to

> Permanently Wipe All Data and Settings from iPhone, iPad & iPod touch

> Erase Deleted Files: Pictures, Videos, Calls, SMS. Making Them Unrecoverable

> Free Up Valuable Space By Cleaning iDevice of Invalid Files, Cache files & More

<Link Edited by Host>

Nov 8, 2015 1:41 AM in response to clukas2

I was advised by Apple Support to erase all my data and restore my phone from an iCloud backup, but I am missing a lot of pictures. Can you recommend a professional recovery tool or professional third-party software to retrieve encrypted data? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you have iTunes backup, then you can easilky restore your photos from iTunes backup, if you didn't sync to your iTunes, I think your photos will be gone.

Dec 10, 2015 7:16 PM in response to Hamnlly111

I have exactly the same problem. After search on google for hours, finally got this article which contains four methods of erasing iPhone data, and the last two methods could permanently erase everything. I have used the third party app (method 3) to erase my iPhone 5S and also tried some data recovery program to check again. Perfect! Nothing has been recovered.

<Link Removed by Host>

How to permanently erase data from iPhone without restoring?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.