Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to change Icons - OS X Mavericks

Hello,

Prior to updating to Mavericks, I was on Snow Leopard and used the application 'Candy Bar' on my Macbook Pro in order to customize my icons. However, upon updating some of the icons have reverted to defaults, where others have not. I opened Candy Bar, hoping I could use it to restore the defaults, but I am having no luck. The other option was to go 'Get Info' on each application and hit 'Command X' on each of the icons in the top left, but that does not work, either.

I am simply looking to restore all of the icons to the defaults now, it's not worth the effort to customize them now. Any help in doing so would be much appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 10:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies

Oct 29, 2013 9:46 PM in response to pennbank

Thanks for the reply,

I had actually seen both of those threads when doing my own research. I'm not sure how it did it, but my Mac 'reset' the icons on it's own - I booted it up today and everything was fixed. The only issue I had was launchpad - for some reason, the icons in there were still incorrect. I did a little more research, and found a terminal command to wipe out Launchpad and reset the app placement in there, and it fixed it. Thank you for the response!

Dec 9, 2013 11:44 AM in response to pennbank

Read this and it should help you maybe to solve your issues with changing or customizing your Mac. The app there called 'CandyBar' and they described how it will work without any problems.

http://idevicedailys.com/os-x/howto-use-candybar-os-x-mavericks/

It is a very nice and easy to use solution to still be able in customzing any Mac installed with Mavericks.

Myself i tried this way for theming my Mac's desktop and it works for me like a charm on OS X 10.9.

Unable to change Icons - OS X Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.