Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't 'Accept' iMovie or iPhoto after Mavericks install

I just rebuilt my computer using the 'online' method (no startup disk) and as soon as the OS was installed I upgraded to OSX Mavericks.

I previously had iPhoto and iMovie installed (no disk).

In the App Store both of these are showing up under purchases with the message that I have 2 apps to accept.

When I click on the Accept button and complete my Apple user ID and password details, the apps do not transfer to 'updates' or change so that I can download them in 'purchases'.

Please help. I have been trying for 5 days now with no luck and both apps are still sitting in Purchases saying that I have 2 apps to accept...

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 28, 2013 11:40 PM

14 replies

Dec 30, 2017 2:00 PM in response to mmnaseri

Thank you, this worked just fine and allowed the app to download. After I bought a MacBook air (second hand from a store in town) I tried to get iMovie on it, as I previously had on my MacBook Pro (the screen went out on it and couldn't be repaired since they don't get parts for the late 2011 model anymore). Anyways, iMovie wasn't already installed on this one but it was an app I wanted to have again for sure. I tried to go in the app store and get it and when I clicked on accept, it asked me to sign in and I did so, but it wouldn't actually do anything after that though. I tried this suggestion, just signing out of the app store, closing it, open it back up and sign in first thing and THEN get iMovie and it began downloading. Thanks again.

Oct 29, 2013 11:25 AM in response to daytona600

If you're having problems with the App Store you might try this:

1 - enable the Debug menu in App Store:

• open the Terminal application.

• copy the command below and paste into the Terminal window:

defaults write com.apple.appstore ShowDebugMenu -bool true

followed by Enter.

• launch App Store, login.

2 - select the Debug ➙ Reset Application option:

User uploaded file

3 - try again.

Also some users have found this method successfull in getting iPhoto to download:

Change the language of OS in preferences for any other, reboot your mac, open mac app store and updates would show up. Somehow worked for me and my friends 😉 Then you can go back to your orginal language.

So if you're running English try US English or vise versa (that is if you are using English at all).

OT

Nov 7, 2013 6:08 AM in response to daytona600

Well, after an hour on the phone to applecare they gave me redeem codes for both iMovie and iPhoto. While they were downloading everything was fine but as soon as they installed the App Store once again wanted me to 'accept' so that I could get updates and once again it just wouldn't work.

Booked in to go to the Genius bar and they couldn't figure out what was going on either however based on what they had done for another person with the same problem, they wiped my laptop and started again with a rebuild using their disk images to load iLife. Fixed the problem but major hassle for me.

Can't 'Accept' iMovie or iPhoto after Mavericks install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.