Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maverics broke 2013 13" MBA Wifi

My wifi at home worked perfect with 2013 13" MBA running Mountain Lion. Ever since I updated to Maverics, I've had nothing but problems with my home wifi. Basically, without exception, when resuming from sleep the computer fails to connect to my wifi (or even discover any wifi networks). I always have to toggle wifi off and on to make it work again.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 2:46 AM

7 replies

Oct 30, 2013 10:59 AM in response to hands4

Thanks but I'm not going to do that. Editing such files without understanding fully what you're doing is a very bad idea. For all I know I would be opening some port for everyone. You know, at first I was impressed how painless the update from ML to Mavericks was (preserving even bash_profile and such), but now with this wifi issue, I can't help thinking that Mavericks was rushed. This would be acceptable with Microsoft and Linux distros since they support an unimaginable number of different hardware configurations. Apple has just a few models they need to support, and they can't even get that right. Well, it's not like this is anything new. The "GM" release of every OS X version since forever has been a bug ridden mess. I should have known better and waited till 10.9.1

Nov 6, 2013 2:49 PM in response to nixwizard

I have exactly the same issue, before Maverics my MacBook Air 2013 connected to wifi before I even fully opened the lid. Now it's doing it forever until I manually disable wifi and enable it back.

It's not a router issue because I tried many and the problem persists.

This is extremely annoying problem to have on an $1.7K laptop. ****** $200 netbooks never have problems connecting to wifi.

Maverics broke 2013 13" MBA Wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.