Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pulldown Menu and sumif don't work correct in "Numbers 3.0"?!

When I enter the word "Februar" (German for February) in the pulldown-menu-setup, in order to set the second possible pulldown-value, it changes to "März" (March) right after I hit return. Produces the same bug with other months, i.e. April turn to Mai (May).

Step 1:

User uploaded file

Step 2 - enter "Februar"

User uploaded file

Step 3 - hit "return" changes "Februar" into "März"

User uploaded file

That's bad enough, but what's realy bad: The result using "sumif" referring with the pulldown-fields calculate absolute wrong values!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 7:58 AM

Hi Theili,

There are a number of threads about this problem. It has something to do with Numbers 3.0 "smart" recognition of dates in languages other than English. It's too smart, not with the SUMIF function.

One workaround (assuming you don't want to switch your language to English🙂) that apparently has yielded some success for some users is to go to cells where the month names appear and type a space after each the month names.

SG

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2013 7:58 AM in response to theili

Hi Theili,

There are a number of threads about this problem. It has something to do with Numbers 3.0 "smart" recognition of dates in languages other than English. It's too smart, not with the SUMIF function.

One workaround (assuming you don't want to switch your language to English🙂) that apparently has yielded some success for some users is to go to cells where the month names appear and type a space after each the month names.

SG

Pulldown Menu and sumif don't work correct in "Numbers 3.0"?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.