Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Midi Interface problem since OSX MAvericks Upgrade

I have upgraded to OSX Mavericks and since I did my midi interface has no output.

I am using an EDIROL (Roland) UA-25ex and have had no issues with it for 3 years. NOW, I cannot get any output. It is recognised in the Midi area on my iMAC (Utilities>Midi) and in the SOUND section of my preferences but when I select, no output.

Any Ideas?

Logic Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 4:30 AM

28 replies

Nov 6, 2013 1:20 AM in response to imd4298

I have a somewhat similar problem.

I have an Edirol FA-66. I haven't tried MIDI out recently, but MIDI in is dropping some events, so I'm getting occasional missed and stuck notes / chords. The only music I've done with the computer since upgrading to Mavericks has been practicing with Pianoteq standalone; haven't tested any other software. I'm pretty sure my keyboard isn't at fault.

Nov 6, 2013 10:57 PM in response to imd4298

I'm having the same problem! I'm running a Mac Mini mid 2010 with Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks and Garageband 10.0.1 with all the updates installed. Have a brand-new Behringer UMX610 keyboard controller and am getting ABSOLUTELY no output from this setup. The computer totally recognizes the controller, but no sound is produced. The keyboard's master slider changes the volume on the Garageband instrument, but no output is produced from any of the keys. Has anyone heard from Apple? Or has anyone reverted to Mountain Lion to see if that fixed the problem? Thank you.

Nov 11, 2013 8:21 AM in response to imd4298

I just want to add my name to the growing list of people with a MobilePre suddenly decked by Mavericks. No input, no output. It's not even recognized.

I wonder if there's a file from Mountain Lion which could be moved into the System of Mavericks to repair this? Does anyone know how the MobilePre was recognized in 10.8? It didn't require a driver, I don't believe. It was just recognized as core audio.

Nov 12, 2013 8:06 PM in response to imd4298

All right everyone, I got this to work. I decided to see whether plain old plug and play would do.

Here's what I did.

1 Unplug the Mobile pre

2: place the application folder in the trash and empty the trash

3: go to the systems/library folder. Browse each subfolder in the library. (Preference panes, etc. Trash any file that has mobilepre USB in the name. Empty the trash each time.)

4. When you believe you've discarded all Mobilepre USB files, plug in the audio interface.

5. Go to Sound preferences and set the sound output to external device.

6. Test to see whether you've got your audio back.

If this works for you, please let me know. Thanks. Hope it helps.

Nov 13, 2013 3:17 AM in response to gonefrom10

Mobile Pre

I tried to follow the instructions but wasn't able to perform any of the suggested actions.

1. dont have mobile pre application folder (searching finder did not return anything matching mobilepre avid or m-audio)
3. no entries for mobile pre in systems/library folder.

Given the above it would seem nothing with mobile pre in my file system so I tried reconnecting mobpre usb however still no sound....shame

But I hope your instructions help others

Nov 14, 2013 3:03 AM in response to gonefrom10

Thanks gonefrom10, sorry I wasn't very clear in my reply. I did go through the sub folders in ~/library which I can only assume to be the systems library folder. If this is correct then apart from not seeing any ref to maudio, mobile or .kext.

Am I in the correct library folder as there also does not appear to be a folder named extensions?

Midi Interface problem since OSX MAvericks Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.