Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime Error -2045 in Compressor 4

SInce installing Mavericks, I consistently encounter a failure when eporting a video from FCP X through Compressor 4.

The encoding in Compressor runs about 10-15 minutes and then fails with message

"Failed: Quicktime Error -2045"

I have trashed the Compressor preferences. No help.

Also, for background, I can can export the video directly from FCP X using the Share menu.

Anyone have any idea what is going on with Compressor.

System and all applications are fully up to date.

Thanks,

Compressor, 4

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 6:01 AM

20 replies

Oct 31, 2013 6:54 AM in response to Rex Ross

Hello Rex,

Thank you for providing the details of the issue you are experiencing with Compressor 4. You have taken some really good steps already to isolate the issue, and I recommend following the steps in the article below to further isolate and troubleshoot the issue (you can skip any steps you have already taken):

Compressor 4: Troubleshooting Basics

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3894

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Nov 2, 2013 1:51 PM in response to Russ H

Thanks for all the suggestions, but none of that works and all my apps are up to date.

I suspect some conflict between Mavericks and the FCPx - Compressor 4 link.

But if anyone has any other suggestions, i am wide open.

I can get my work done by exporting directly from FCPx via the Share menu, so am not completely stopped.

RR

Nov 2, 2013 2:10 PM in response to Rex Ross

I suspect some conflict between Mavericks and the FCPx - Compressor 4 link.

Maybe you're right…or not. If it were the communications between FCP and Compressor, I don't think you'd get as far as 1015 minutes of encoding/ Have you checked the Share Monitor to see whether any processing is talikg place before you get that error message?

Speaking of conflicts, have you recently installed any lug-ins or other thrid party software? If so, try disabling them. (FWIW, I lost Compressor this morning and traced it back to an MXF converter that I'd downloaded Friday. Uninstalling it, trashing the Qmaster folder and a re-boot got it back,) I assume that you trashed the Qmaster fodler, since it was on the list that Sheila linked you to.

But if anyone has any other suggestions, i am wide open.

Try posting in the FCPX forum, which gets more traffic. While I often contribute there, I'll hold off so you start fresh with the opinions of others.

Good luck.

Russ

Nov 5, 2013 6:35 AM in response to Russ H

Russ,

Compressor runs for somewhere between 10 to 20 minutes and then fails with Quicktime error -2045.

I have tested this on my iMac 27 fusion and my MBP with the same results.

On the MBP I even removed all Compressor apps and files and reinstalled.

No difference.

Will try posting on FCPx board to see if anything comes up.

Thanks for your comments.

Nov 5, 2013 7:48 AM in response to Russ H

Am testing various projects on iMac 27 and MBP.

On iMac 27 short video appears to work but a different langer video fails with same error.

Other actions taken:

1. I have removed all Qmaster prefs and support folders.

2. I have uninstalled FXFactory

Anyway, will continue to experiment with longer video to see if I can identfiy what element (if any in particular) may be causing the problem.

Nov 5, 2013 8:05 AM in response to Rex Ross

It's odd that you can export through Share and but not with Compressor…and that short projects work regardless of the method.

A look at EditCodes just says that the 2045 error means simply that it failed to write the file properly.

One of the suggested solutions is to disable third party plug-ins. I think we've already covered that adequately.

Another is to change te disk that you're writing the file to.

The third is use optimized media. Try creating a test project with Pro Res that is as long as the project that fails to export. Use Pro Res clips that are not from any of the events that problem projects have been liked to. Set a short range in the timeline to see if a short version" will export via Compressor. If it does, then try the long version.

Good luck.

Russ

Nov 5, 2013 8:07 AM in response to Russ H

Russ,

Good points.

However, as noted, I have removed FX Factory and have no other plug ins.

Also, this is project that I was successfullly rendering with compressor until Mavericks came along.'

Will try writing to different disk to see if that affects anything, although I have send the rendered file to different locations on the main disk - all with the same failure.

RR

Nov 5, 2013 9:06 AM in response to Rex Ross

I should say up front that I have a pretty "clean" Mavericks system; no plug-ins, non-standard codecs, downloaded apps. etc.

And I have not run into any of the export issues that are being reported on the FCPX boards…or anything like your problem.

Although I almost never use the Send to Compressor export workflow, I have tested it. A 10 minute project that I tested this morning worked without a hitch when sent to Compressor.

The other thing I would mention is nearly all all my projects use optimize media, unless I don't have that option. It wasn't clear to me from your info whether you were working with optimized media or not.

Russ

Quicktime Error -2045 in Compressor 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.