Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to revert back to Pages ’09?

Hi,

is there a source where I can download the old Pages '09? With Pages 5 I can't use my (open) my custom templates!?

Cheers

Joerg

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 6:16 AM

14 replies

Oct 29, 2013 6:22 AM in response to Nocki.u.Yogie

I just renamed Pages5 to 'NewPages5' (you have to do it while the App is open and ignore the warning) then all you docs will load as usual in Pages 4.3. It does on my system, anyway. If you have the old Pages icon still in the dock, it should work. You can test by right clicking on a doc, wait for 'Open with...' and select 'Pages 4.3' - if it;s not there, then you WILL need to find a way to reinstall.

Oct 29, 2013 12:57 PM in response to Nocki.u.Yogie

Unless you deliberately deleted them, your old iWork '09 apps are still in your Applications folder. If they were previously installed from the Mac App Store they will have been moved to a folder named iWork 09. If they were previously installed fromt the retail DVD or downloaded trial, the iWork '09 folder will still be in your Applications folder.

Always run Software Update after installing & before running any of the apps to bring them up to the current version for your system.

User uploaded file

Nov 16, 2013 9:37 AM in response to Nocki.u.Yogie

As Peggy said, I still have Pages '09 in the iWork '09 apps in my Applications folder after "upgrading" to Pages 5. I was devastated when I opened the monthly newsletter that I do layout for and Pages 5 didn't have '09's layout tools. I was freaking out until I looked in my applications folder and saw that iWork '09 was still there.

I don't get what Apple's hoping to accomplish with Pages 5; it's a HUGE step backward. Yeah, it's simpler, but that's not really a good thing. Pages used to be a wonderful layout tool. It is head and shoulders about MS Publisher for a fraction of the price. Not anymore. Guess I'll stick with iWork '09.

How to revert back to Pages ’09?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.