Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes is splitting an album that I purchased from iTunes.

I am listening to an album that I purchased off of iTunes however iTunes is doing something weird that I've never seen before. After a song on the album finishes playing, the song disappears from the original album and is placed in a duplicate version of the album. I now have two versions of the same album, one of them is the original album with the songs that I haven't played yet. The other album is all the songs that have played and been removed from the original album. I checked the information for both albums and they have identical data for artist, album artist, album name, etc. I have even checked to make sure there wasn't an extra space at the end of any of the titles since that can lead to this.

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 7:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 7:43 AM

I was able to fix the issue, but I still don't know how it happened to begin with. I checked the "sorting" tab and realized that for some reason, the album name was different there. I copied the data from the sorting tab on the original file and pasted it to the new album sorting tab. That merged all the songs back to the original album.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2013 7:43 AM in response to AdventureShorts

I was able to fix the issue, but I still don't know how it happened to begin with. I checked the "sorting" tab and realized that for some reason, the album name was different there. I copied the data from the sorting tab on the original file and pasted it to the new album sorting tab. That merged all the songs back to the original album.

iTunes is splitting an album that I purchased from iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.