Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new iphone after the sale service for 4S 16gb

If I send my iphone 4S 16gb to the after sales service, does apple send me an 16gb 5C ? 'cause there is no more 16 and 32 gb for iphone 4S

My iphone is still in warranty

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 6:59 AM

5 replies

Nov 15, 2013 10:38 PM in response to jupiler4ever

TIP that may resolve your problem:

My Experience:

I had "No Service" for about 36 hours a few days ago on my iphone 4s - my carrier (Rogers Canada) just stopped although my WiFi was working. All cellular call/data was not working.

Root Cause (for me):

- Turns out it was that Rogers had accidentally changed a setting on my SIM card without making note of it or communicating to me that it was done.

Resolution/Recommendation:

- First, definitely try to self-troubleshoot as other online have recommended:

- Reset Network Settings

- Try the airplane mode on/off

- Try shutting down your phone (hold power and slide to turn off)

- Try hard reset (Home+Power button holding until apple reappears)

- Try having a friend use their (same carrier) SIM card on your phone (if that works you know its your SIM card)

- Call your service provider to troubleshoot and check your account settings

- Can even try restore iphone to factory settings.

- Finally go to Apple store as the final resort to confirm SIM Card or hardware issue.

In my case, I tried all the above except having a friend use their SIM Card in my phone... Had I tried that i suppose i could have confirmed that my hardware was fine and that the SIM card was the problem.
Most irritably, Rogers tech support told me that my account was setup and working as normal (which is not quite accurate as the root cause WAS indeed ROGERS having made an erroneous change).

Finally, I ended up going to the Apple store (remember to book the genius bar appointment ahead of time so you don't have to wait too long).

Then you can tell them you've tried everything (including talking with your service provider) and the last test is a SIM card test.

Apple store should then offer a tech to try a new/different sim card in your phone. They will check against the carriers database to confirm that things are setup properly.

In my case, during this process they noticed that Rogers had changed the ID of my SIM card and it no longer matched the SIM card in my phone... so they pretty much knew right away that that the new card they gave me would resolve the issue.

Sure enough they popped in a different SIM card (or updated Roger's settings for my sim card) and BOOM! My service was back on before they could evern reboot my phone! it was painless and didn't cost me a cent!

Anyways, I really hope you find a free fix for your phone(s) I can certain relate to how crippling NO service can be.

Best of luck,

W

new iphone after the sale service for 4S 16gb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.