Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp will not install on my late 2012 mini Samsung EVO 840 1tb SSD

I recently replaced my 256gb OWC SSD in my late 2012 Mac Mini with a Samsung EVO 840 1tb.

I did the following

1) Using 10.9 recovery i initialized and created a single clean partition on the 1Tb SSD

2) I installed a clean copy of 10.9

3) Using migration assistant i transferred apps and documents from my previous SSD via a USB 3.0 adapter to the new SSD

4) Using Bootcamp Assistant 5 I created an ISO version of a clean copy of Windows 7 Home Premium and downloaded the Apple updated Boot Camp drivers to the same 16gb Sandisk Extreme USB 3.0 thumb drive

5) Using Bootcamp Assistant created a 199gb Bootcamp partition on the new Samsung SSD which appeared to go to completion

6) Mini restarted from the Bootcamp USB drive and Windows started successfully

7) I chose Windows 7 Home Premium install

8) I got the "which partition do you want to use to install Windows" screen, chose the Bootcamp partition, using the advanced option I chose format which appeared to complete, hit NEXT and then got an error that windows could not install because it could not find the NTFS partition, and then i was stuck.

When I rebooted I first got the Unable to find a bootable disk, hit any key error. I then physically shut down the computer, held down the alt key chose the Mac partition and the computer successfully booted. I could see the Bootcamp partition and according to Disk Utilities, the partition was formatted as NTFS.

The only connections to the Mini were a 30" Apple Cinema via a Apple Mini display connector, the keyboard and mouse via USB, and the USB Bootcamp Created 16gb Sandisk Extreme USB 3.0 thumb drive. I also have an internal Apple 1 tb hard drive with no applications installed. In the apps installed on the Samsung does include Parallels 9.

What have i done wrong or missed? IF nothing it appears that the Bootcamp assistant supplied with 10.9 may have an issue with my Hardware setup including the Samsung EVO840 1tb drive.

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 6:44 AM

3 replies

Bootcamp will not install on my late 2012 mini Samsung EVO 840 1tb SSD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.