Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD themes

Because iDVD is no longer available with Lion, I was able to share iDVD from an older computer to my new computer. Unfortunately when I shared it, only the application copied over, not the themes. I since then shared the themes to my new computer, but iDVD is not able to find them. Where do I need to put the themes so iDVD will find them?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 7:15 AM

1 reply

Oct 29, 2013 9:35 AM in response to chedberg

The themes will be located in your Home/Library/Application Support/iDVD folder. If it's not there look in the HD/Library/Application Support/iDVD folder.

Move the entire iDVD folder to the same location on your new computer. Open iDVD, go to the Advanced preference pane and point iDVD to the themes folder:

User uploaded file

NOTE: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Home/Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and press the Return key - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

If you're running Mavericks, 10.9, go to your Home folder and use the View ➙ Show View Options menu to bring the this window:

User uploaded file

OT

iDVD themes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.