Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

alarms not working on ios7

Once the alarm goes off I tap the snooze button and that is the last time the the sound eminates from the device. I have an ipad3 and iphone5 by my bed and both have the same problem. Currently running IOS 7.0.3.

I already know the smart *** answer of "don't hit the snooze and get up when ot goes off" and yes I know how to activate the snooze and not disable the alarm completely for that session so lets dispense with that and get to something constructive

I've had this issue on both devices on all 3 versions of IOS7. I have tried the reset device solution and that has not helped. I have also deleted my alarms and recreated them with no success. I also use the Sleep Cycle App on my iPhone and it too has the same problem so I don't think this is an Alarm app specific problem but more of a Core API problem or incorrect 'restore setting from a old device' problem as these were not set up as new devices but were restored from a backup. When I access the phone I can see the snooze count down timer counting down on the lock screen. When it hits zero there is no sound and it starts all over again. I can double click the start button and see Sleep Cycle in the open apps. when I select the app to open it it starts to eminate the alarm sound.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, if so has a solution been found? My new 5S should be here on the 10/31 so I will see if that has the same problem.

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 8:09 AM

14 replies

Oct 29, 2013 8:28 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

I'm going to try a "restore new" on the iphone5 after my 5S gets here as I have apps and data I depend on daily. I don't do OTA updates anymore only from itunes. I've been using Sleep Cycle for almost 3 years and have never had a problem. I have a 3rd party app on my ipad that's like sleep cycle that I was trying out. I haven't used it in a while but I might try it to see if it too has the same result

Oct 29, 2013 10:17 AM in response to KiltedTim

I agree that may be the actual be the cause but if the alarms worked properly under IOS6 then the problem lies in the translation of the restore of the backup into IOS7. I should not have to create a new iPhone and loose data everytime there is a firmware release. That's why after I get the 5S I'm going to redo the 5 as a new device and see what happens

Oct 29, 2013 10:52 AM in response to jeewizz101

I do not have an iPhone 5, but a 4S. Since reading your post I have tested my alarm, as well as snoozing it twice, hence the amount of time for me to post. The phone worked through both snooze periods. While I must admit the space between the off and snooze if the phone is awake is rather close together, so a user could inadvertently click one or the other. When I snoozed it on the lock screen, which it was on the second time I snoozed it, it showed a countdown timer from 9 minutes on the screen when it first started. I was using the native iOS clock/alarm.

Nov 1, 2013 5:55 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

SOLVED: I thought I would post an update in the event anyone else runs into this in the future. I tried the solution on both devices and it seems to have cured the ills. I diabled the passcoded lock screen and then reenabled it on both devices. They are now functioning as normal. It worked consectuively 2 nights in a row. The backup and retore to my new 5S was smooth and worked on night one.

Mar 28, 2014 5:16 PM in response to jeewizz101

I know it's already resolved but thought this might help -

I ran into this same problem and was consistently late every morning. I investigated the problem and realized that in the alarm app, my snooze was toggled off! I felt incredinly stupid because I thought it was a glitch with the new iOS 7.

Clock>Alarm>Edit

Click on the alarm you want to change. Under sound, it says Snooze. Toggle it on/off.

Hope it helps! 🙂

Mar 29, 2014 9:41 AM in response to NushNush18

NushNush18 wrote:

I know it's already resolved but thought this might help -

I ran into this same problem and was consistently late every morning. I investigated the problem and realized that in the alarm app, my snooze was toggled off! I felt incredinly stupid because I thought it was a glitch with the new iOS 7.

Clock>Alarm>Edit

Click on the alarm you want to change. Under sound, it says Snooze. Toggle it on/off.

Hope it helps! 🙂

Sometimes we just overlook the obvious things! It's good to point them out. 🙂

Jun 4, 2014 1:08 AM in response to jeewizz101

You are my savior. I have used nothing but Android for years. Brand new iPhone 5s, 2 weeks old. I work long shifts and must sleep during a 1 hour break, or I'll never make it through second shift. First alarm gets me rustling, snooze means time to move. Nearly got fired twice because the snooze never alarmed and I stumbled into work groggy, some 4 hours later when I awoke naturally. What an asinine, untrustworthy, oddity.

Your fix to disable the pass code and re-enable took care of it. I owe you big. So very much obliged.

alarms not working on ios7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.