Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Aperture 3.5?

I have Aperture on my computer installed from a CD, i never bought it from the MacApp Store. How can I update it to 3.5 without having to buy it again? Current version is 3.4.5.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 8:38 AM

10 replies

Oct 29, 2013 8:50 AM in response to Filippo1

I have Aperture on my computer installed from a CD

Is it an Aperture 3 or Aperture 2 CD?

Upgrading for free from the AppStore will only work for Aperture 3. And Aperture should be installed in your Applications folder and called simply Aperture, for the AppStore to notice it.

Is your system language set to English? For some posters here the voodoo, to set the language temporairly to English, helped to make APerture show at the AppStore.

Oct 29, 2013 10:23 AM in response to Filippo1

It is Aperture 3. I remember installing it from the MacApp Store when I formatted the computer without having to use the cd

The Mac App Store or the Apple Store?

Filippo, have you checked, if Aperture is installed in your Applications folder and called "Aperture"?

And is your System Language set to "English"?

If yes, sign again into the AppStore and check the "Updates" page. Reload it with ⌘R.

Update Aperture 3.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.