Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes unable to load data class information from sync services error on itunes 11.1.2 win 7 ipod 4g

Windows 7 itunes 11.1.2 wont let me sync my ipod or any other device. i get the "itunes unable to load data class information from sync services. Reconnect or try again" error. i have restored windows to a restore point, wiped itunes and all apple products from my laptop. i should also mention that i have no sync services in my "C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer" folder.

any suggestions anyone can give would be most useful

iPod touch (4th generation), Windows 7

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 8:53 AM

5 replies

Mar 7, 2014 2:40 AM in response to MakeMineMac

After an entire day of searching for a solution, I finally resolved my problem.

To be honest, I tried so many things in such a random order, I'm not sure if every step is necessary but these were my actions.

I disabled ESET anitvirus (I believe that it was ESET that caused the probelem in the first place).

I created a rule to allow the following .exe file to work

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\com.apple.Outlook.client.exe

I'm not sure if that is enough to fix the problem because I also did the following.

Uninstalled & reinstalled iTunes

Whilst ESET was disabled, I ran every .exe file in the folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support

Initially, I had to run the com.apple.Outlook.client.exe file every time I opened iTunes & then something made it stick. Not sure what. Maybe I had disabled ESET in the meantime.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone out there.

itunes unable to load data class information from sync services error on itunes 11.1.2 win 7 ipod 4g

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.