Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone know how to make custom document sizes in Pages 5.0?

On the older version there was a drop down and at the bottom said "Manage Custom" now I don't see that option anymore.

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 8:50 AM

13 replies

Jan 8, 2014 1:30 AM in response to fruhulda

File>PageSetUp is correct. That you can't do it in the Inspector, can't find out how in "Help" (what a joke that is, 'almost' worse than Microsoft..) and have to find it this way around is just par for the course in the new style of crappy, disjointed software the post-Jobs crew are so good at... It does work this way and my margins reflect it (v 5.0.1).

Mar 16, 2015 12:06 PM in response to xGlocksOutx

Im having the same issue. Used to work for me no problem, but not since updating (Now on Pages 5.5.2). I am using the File > Page Setup, Selecting "Any Printer" and setting up my custom size. However each time I complete that step and go back to the Pages window, the page just defaults back to an 8.5x11, and the "Printer & Paper Size" jumps to my desktop printer, instead of "Any Printer". This is super frustrating. How can something as simple as specifying a custom page size be this complicated. So frustrating!!

Apr 8, 2015 12:18 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

PeterBreis0807 wrote:

This is not a Pages issue, the custom Page Size is a System wide setting.

Once you have created the custom page size and clicked OK it should be available in the Page Size list for selection.

It works for me, there has to be something else going on.

Peter

Peter, can you send a screenshot? Are you running Mavericks or newer? I'm with many of the others saying that custom sizes have been removes from Pages 5+. It is one of the many compromises made to balance features between Mac and iOS versions of Pages. Very painful.

Apr 8, 2015 12:23 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Peter may be correct, however there does seem to be some issue in Pages in recognizing those system wide custom page sizes. After setting up the custom size, I was not able to select it within pages. When I tried again the next day, and after restarting the Pages app, it suddenly worked! Perhaps restarting pages after creating a custom size was the trick?

Apr 8, 2015 8:11 PM in response to leonardo da Silva

I run several operating systems including Mavericks and Yosemite.

I'm currently in Snow Leopard but shall post screen shots when I switch.

czuboka

Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce the problem. It works on my systems. I don't even know where to start to try and reproduce your results.

Is Pages 5 buggy? Yes. Would I avoid it for real work? Yes, just to protect my work.

If you have it, use Pages '09.

Peter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.