Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete songs off iPhone iOS7 and the songs dont show up in iTunes!

It's literally the weirdest thing. So the problem is that I am having a few songs show up on my music that I do not want. They showed up because they were from past purchases HOWEVER I turned off showing purchases in my Music Settings and they keep popping up. I tried to swipe the individual song but it won't let me while other songs do let me delete them individually.

So I decided to try to delete the song on itunes, but when I connect my iPhone, the songs that won't let me delete them on my iphone don't show up on my iTunes after i connect my iphone to my computer! I know it's not streaming because I've turned my phone on airplane mode and the songs still play so it must be that they are on my iphone but i can't delete them or find them once synced! Anyone know if this is a bug or a glitch?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 10:37 AM

11 replies

Nov 9, 2013 6:34 AM in response to sekplus

@sekplus and others.

I have good news for you! I had the same problem, and I seem to have found a solution.

Just follow these 4 easy steps on your device:

1. Go to Settings => Music and turn on "Show All Music" option.
  2. Go to your music, find the songs that you could not delete from your iPhone and download them to your device by tapping the cloud icon.
  3. While the songs are downloading to your device, navigate to Settings => Music and turn off the "Show All Music" option.
  4. Go back to your music, wait till the songs are downloaded and just swipe your songs to left and delete them as you would normally do.

Jul 30, 2014 9:53 PM in response to sekplus

I was having the same issue. Greyed out songs in iTunes that were not showing up in iTunes, and 340 songs there WERE on my iphone, not through the cloud, and would play in airplane mode, that would not show on my phone when connected to iTunes. I deleted all the music on my phone, then restarted the phone. First I deleted all the music through iTunes, which did nothing. Then (after closing all open apps) I went to Settings--> General --> Usage --> Music --> Swipe, and did a manual delete of all the music on the phone. The phone finally showed "no content," but after a few minutes, even on airplane mode, one song still pops up, that happened to be the first song on the phone when listed by phone.

However, I still have the greyed out ghost songs on my iTunes that show on my phone, and they are only songs that I previously purchased on my phone.

If anyone has anymore answers, help would be appreciated.

Jul 30, 2014 10:38 PM in response to Higher Tech

I just had to keep repeating the 4 steps above and there were 3 songs that kept popping back up even though they weren't in my iTunes library anymore. There is still one stubborn song, but so far it is the only one showing up.

I initially thought that these were songs that I bought through iTunes on my phone, but the very stubborn song is actually from a burned CD from back in 2006!

I haven't had to plug my phone back in to iTunes yet, but I'm getting ready to buy some more songs and I wonder what will happen when I sync and back up my phone? *sigh* Fingers crossed!

Can't delete songs off iPhone iOS7 and the songs dont show up in iTunes!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.