Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 5 destroys documents

I ust opened a 20 page storyboard created in the previous version of Pages. Pages 5 tells me it has "removed all objects from tables." Those objects were dozens of storyboard images! They are gone. Even though I did not save the document, aparently Pages 5 saved it for me and the previous document is unreoverable.

Of course I have most of those images saved elsewhere (not all, sometimes I will cut and paste a screen shot into a stoyboard) And it is possible to recreate the pice with several hours of work. But this is just infuriating and completly unacceptable.

This downgrading of program features with every new version is becomming a patern with Apple software. It's even worse when the new version can't support files created in previous versions. And it is just insane that the new program actually destroys files created in old versions.

Am I actually now going to have to start using Word?

And, how do I go about opening my old files for conversion without destroying them?

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 12:19 PM

The solution is to delete Pages 5.0 from the system to avoid accadentaly opening old files and possibly destroying them mearly throug the act of opening them.

The previous Pages 09 is still on your system in Applications/iWork. Once 5.0 is deleted, pages docs wil automatically open in the older version.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for the info on 09.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2013 12:19 PM in response to Tracy E

The solution is to delete Pages 5.0 from the system to avoid accadentaly opening old files and possibly destroying them mearly throug the act of opening them.

The previous Pages 09 is still on your system in Applications/iWork. Once 5.0 is deleted, pages docs wil automatically open in the older version.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for the info on 09.

Pages 5 destroys documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.