Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No iPhoto showing up in iMovie after upgrade to Maverick

I upgraded both my OS, (to Maverick) as well as my iMovie (to 10), and now cannot get photos to show up in iMovie. There is no iPhoto library, I can't drag them in manually and I'm stuck. Any

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9), 2.2 ghz i7 chip, 8 gig Ram

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 12:34 PM

1 reply

Nov 3, 2013 8:12 AM in response to DRKJr

I have the same problem in iMovie. Plus iTunes also can't access iPhoto library so it can't sync photos to my iPads & iPhone. The problem started after Mavericks upgrade / new iPhoto version upgrade.

In both cases in iMovie and iTunes trying to access iPhoto library creates just infinite spinning "sun rays" like symbol. The longest wait I've tried is 10+h so it seems it´s stuck permanently.

iPhoto works still OK. The libraries for iPhoto and iTunes are shared as afs by a Mac Mini and I'm accessing it from my Macbook Air.

No iPhoto showing up in iMovie after upgrade to Maverick

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.