Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Sync Purchased Songs

Ever since upgrading to iOS7 and the latest version of iTunes, my syncing gets stuck at the "waiting for changes to be applied" step. This happened immediately after upgrading to iOS7. I waited, hoping that the upgrade to Mavericks would help, but it is still happening.

The same song(s) I am attempting to sync to my iPhone will in fact sync to other iPhones and iPads in the household. So it is only my phone that is the issue.

The method I use to manage songs on my iPhone is to have use a playlist, and then add/remove songs from that playlist.

Ripped music will sync properly. It is solely purchased songs.

Please help!

iMac 21.5, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 4:51 PM

4 replies

Oct 29, 2013 4:59 PM in response to fit151

That WILL work to get the song on the iPhone. But, then when I next sync, it gets stuck at "waiting for changes to be applied". Also, even if it did allow for syncing without getting stuck, that does not solve the problem. That method will allow me to manually add/remove 1 song at a time, not properly use my library (as I had in the past).

I appreciate your thought, but I am looking for a fix to this, not a workaround.

Oct 30, 2013 11:00 AM in response to fit151

I gave up and reset the iPhone...

1) My 1st attempt, I restored from an iCloud backup...same result...I was not able to sync music. In fact, it was worse then before as I was not able to sync ANY music at all.

2) So, I bit the bullet and erased the phone, setting up as a completely new phone, not using past backups. It works now.

Cannot Sync Purchased Songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.