Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot access mail after password change

iPhone 3G

My main e-mail account is BTinternet.com (joined with Yahoo). Recently they updated their mail system, I had to create a new account and change my password. Then my e-mail (accessed on my Mac computer) did not work for a while. When it came on again, I was made to change my password again. I did so. Now I can send and receive mail on my computer again, both directly from the BT/Yahoo mail page and from amail client on my computer.

I then very carefully changed the server settings on my iPhone and changed the password there (for incoming and outgoing mail) to the latest version. But now I cannot send or receive mail on the iPhone. I have checked and rechecked all settings, but all I can get is a message that my username and/or password are wrong. But they are not wrong. I have repeatedly re-entered the right version. What can I do?

Thank you for any help anyone can offer.

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 5:19 PM

You may have to remove and readd the email account. That's what I have to do every time I have to change my Yahoo mail password. :/

2 replies

Cannot access mail after password change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.