Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie 10 does not show my old events and projets

Imovie 10 does not show my old events and projects.

How to get going on this ? I am not sure if all the library is corrupted, how to check on it ?

Thanks.

itunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 5:14 PM

8 replies

Oct 29, 2013 5:43 PM in response to Alan Cook2

No, I know movies are on my disk. After installation iMovie 10, it took lots of disk space and converted some stuff, I see it created few more lib with 1 at the end when I try to see imovie lib package.

Movies are dominating my HD space and I have no control on them, I found that I have imovie 9.09 and it shows events and movies.

User uploaded file

Oct 29, 2013 5:50 PM in response to djking

What should have happened when you first opened iMovie 10 and told it to "update" your movie events and projects is it should have created an "iMovie Library" file on your drive and made your events compatible with the new version. For the events, it doesn't take up any more disk space (at least it didn't for me, and I have 1.5 TB of events). For the projects, it would have tried to add them to your "iMovie Theater" file located in your Movies folder inside your home folder.

The events and projects should be showing up in the left sidebar of the new iMovie. If they are not, I'm not sure what's gone wrong and I hope someone else will chime in here.

imovie 10 does not show my old events and projets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.