Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"...is not supported"

I have a 5th Gen, 60gb iPod that is giving me this message: "The currently attached accessory is not supported by this iPod." The attached accessory is a Teac iPod dock, model number DS-H01. Documentation on the Teac lists the 5th Gen as compatible, and the dock works well with an old iPhone3. I have tried hard resetting the iPod (both plugged into the Teac and not) and restoring from iTunes to no avail. Any suggestions?

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 6:11 PM

4 replies

Oct 30, 2013 12:18 AM in response to fugsco

You should probably also contact the maker of the accessory. If they are going to state that a 5th gen iPod is compatible, they need to make it compatible. If the iPod is working properly, and connects to iTunes on the computer, there is probably nothing wrong with the iPod.

(Your iPod is the 5th gen "video" iPod, correct? I ask, because there is also a 4th gen iPod "photo" model that is 60GB. Also, there are other "5th gen" iPods, such as the 5th gen iPod nano and 5th gen iPod touch.)

Nov 16, 2015 1:53 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

I have had a difficult time figuring out exactly what iPod I have. Nowhere on Apple.com (that I have found) can I just type in my serial number and get a straight answer. That number is JQ******TXL, and as far as I can tell from internet resources that is a 5 Gen iPod.

When the iPod is docked on the Teac, its screen flashes from the above stated error message to the regular iPod menu and then back to the error message, sometimes fast, sometimes slowly. If I try to interact with the menus when it is flashing, the error message always comes back. This kind of behavior leads me to believe it is the iPod and not the dock.

I'm trying to find another 5 Gen iPod that I can try out to see if it works. Meanwhile off to the Genius Bar...

<Edited By Host>

Oct 31, 2013 4:25 PM in response to fugsco

This document shows all the iPod models

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1353

If it's 60 GB, it is one of the "classic" iPods (it uses a hard drive for storage instead of flash). And the only two possible models (for 60GB) on that list are iPod (5th generation) and the 4th gen iPod (called iPod with color display and iPod photo on the list).

The other iPods that have a "5th gen" for their line, are iPod nano and iPod touch. The 5th gen of those iPod models are more recent than the 5th gen "classic" iPod. So, if the description of the product says a 5th gen iPod nano (or touch) is supported, that does not mean your 5th gen iPod is supported.

Nov 16, 2015 12:55 PM in response to fugsco

Hi fugsco, I'm experiencing this same problem you refer. Have you solve the problem?

I've recently acquired a TEAC DS-H01 and I'm trying to connect an IPOD Classic from 2008 (30gb) to it. The manual says the device is compatible, but the "not supported" message is given. Could you provide some advice ?

Thanks!

"...is not supported"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.