Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rename Albums (iTunes Match)

I used to have a lot of music on my Mac stored in iCloud (through iTunes Match) and synced to my iOS devices and Apple TV, and it worked flawlessly.

I got a new Mac today so I formatted and sold the old one and I signed in to iTunes Match on the new Mac, but opted to leave all the songs in iCloud (as opposed to downloading them). Everything was working fine, until I bought a few albums today and tried renaming them to keep them in-sync with my normal naming conventions.

I can rename songs and have the changes sync accross my iOS devices, but changing the album name does nothing.

I tried downloading these songs, editing the name, and uploading it to Match. I deleted the songs from my iPhone to make sure it's using the iCloud version. I tried disabling and reenabling iTunes Match on all devices. I tried deleting the iTunes Album and using the same album I downloaded from Safari.

No matter what I do, the changes seen on my Mac don't reflect on my other devices. Or, better yet, they all do, except the album name which is really starting to irritate me.

Any ideas?

(All devices running the latest iOS / OS X versions. iPhone 5s, Apple TV 3, MacBook Pro with 15" Retina Display.)

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 7:23 PM

1 reply

Rename Albums (iTunes Match)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.