Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else had this Mavericks screen-refresh issue?

When I wake the computer up from sleep, windows that are not the front-most window of the current/front-most running application are a combination of black and color-noise (multicolored matrix of dots mixed with black, like digital camera noise but worse). Let's say I'm in the Finder. When I rotate through, let's say, six open Finder windows (using command-tilde), each window clears up in turn as it comes to the front. If another application is running but not the current/frontmost application (say, Firefox), also with multiple windows open, the windows behind that front-most window also have this combination of black and color noise. But bring Firefox to the front and rotate through those open windows and they too clear up. If I were to guess the cause, it's graphics memory, but I'm not qualified...

I tried to screen-shot this but can't seem to. This behavior is somewhat intermittent. Otherwise, Mav has been just fine - snappier than 10.8.x, no crashes, better battery life, fonts render more clearly, etc.

If any Apple engineers are monitoring this thread, my computer's model number is in my user profile. Thank you.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 15" Model 6,2-Mid-2010 4GB RAM

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 8:15 PM

3 replies

Anyone else had this Mavericks screen-refresh issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.