Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Macbook Pro Battery Dead?

Hello, I recently purchased a new Retina Macbook Pro (2.6Ghz, 8GB Ram). However, I cannot use the computer unplugged from the power source, and also the battery condition says replace now! However , when I look at the system information I get this:

Model Information:

Serial Number: D8**********1764

Manufacturer: SMP

Device Name: bq20z451

Pack Lot Code: 0

PCB Lot Code: 0

Firmware Version: 702

Hardware Revision: 3

Cell Revision: 379

Charge Information:

Charge Remaining (mAh): 6477

Fully Charged: No

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 6573

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 1

Condition: Replace Now

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): 0

Voltage (mV): 12748

Do you guys think it is a hardware issue or a software issue? I appreciate any help, I needed my laptop for this week so I do not want to return it.

Also, the freezing problem occurs. It occurred 7 times in one day.

<Edited by Host>

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 8:33 PM

7 replies

Nov 29, 2013 5:49 PM in response to merdem9

today (29.11.13) i have purchased an macbook pro retina 13 inch late 2013 which is middle version(256gb) from turkey and i do had the same values that you have mentioned about. and also one of my friend did buy exactly the same model from canada-toronto. he did had the same problem.

i downloaded coconoutbatttery which showes you how much mah left on your mac and the real percentage etc.

at that program you can see how long you have been using your mac and how many cycles it did. at that program my macs battery cycle is 2 but as you exprienced when i check from system report my macs battery cycle is 379.

i have been using my mac all day long and i havent recognized any problem with the battery so i guess it could be due to the software. i think that the values that are shown at battery cycle are not true.

my friend will ask tomorrow and if i have time i will reply what apple store said to him

hocam bu arada butun yazıyı yazdıktan sonra nıcknamını smdi gordum ve turk oldugunu smdi fark ettim:) anlatamadığım veya anlamadığın bisey var ise burdan sorabilirsin

New Macbook Pro Battery Dead?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.