Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Screen Not Working

Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro (I'm not really sure how old it is) and I've been having problems with the screen. A little while ago it would get really hot even when I wasn't doing too much and the fan was incredibly loud and it was starting to get really slow. The keyboard lights wouldn't work either. Now when I turn it on I can hear the fan going and I can adjust the volume, brightness and keyboard lights but the screen is still black. I've tried control-shift-option and I've taken out the battery and restarted many times but I can't get the screen to work. There's a small crack at the top of the screen but I didn't think it was significant enought to cause this problem. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fix it or how much it would cost to bring it in to the Apple store and get it fixed. I tried chatting with apple but they told me my computer was too old for the "complementary" service.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1), Not sure if this is the right OS

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 8:57 PM

There are no replies.

MacBook Pro Screen Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.