Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto is asking me to update

I just updated my desktop to OS X Version 10.9 and it won't open my old iPhoto. I downloaded the newest version of iPhoto but it is asking me to update my current library, and if I do it says that I won't be able to view photos with an older version? will this make me lose all of my already stored and organized photos??? Help!

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 10:17 PM

1 reply

Oct 29, 2013 11:32 PM in response to syzvala

downloaded the newest version of iPhoto but it is asking me to update my current library, and if I do it says that I won't be able to view photos with an older version? will this make me lose all of my already stored and organized photos??? Help!

That is normal. iPhoto '11 is using a different format for the iPhoto library, so it needs to reformat th iPhoto library to the new, unified format. That is why it is warning you, that you will no longer be able to open the iPhoto library from a mac running an older iPhoto version.

• Backup your iPhoto library, just in case something should go wrong during the update.
  • Then let iPhoto upgrade the library, so that your new iPhoto version can work with the iPhoto library.

Rgards

Léonie

iphoto is asking me to update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.